Looking for great baby shower ideas or a gift? Check out our Baby Shower Tips, Recipes, free Games and Diaper Cakes at Giggles & Sugar Kisses. We know your time is precious, so we offer our customers one stop shopping. You'll find ideas for sweet treats, and unique gifts for sweet babies.
Hosting a baby shower? We know the importance of making this event memorable. Here are a few tips:
Baby Shower Etiquette
- A relative, co-worker or friend can host the shower. It's considered improper for the Parents To Be to host their shower.
- Start planning your shower 2 - 3 months in advance. This should include selecting a location, theme, and your invitations. Your invitations should reflect the theme of the shower. Your invitations will let guests know what to expect.
- Send out invitations 6 - 8 weeks in advance. You should include the Hostess' name, location, time and the guest of honor's name. You can also ask your guests to RSVP. List a RSVP By Date and a Phone Number where they can call.
- Remember your shower should last 2 hours. Most people prefer late afternoon or early evening showers.
- About 4 - 6 weeks in advance of your shower select your party favors, decorations, menu, games etc. This is a good time frame, it reduces the stress that you will feel while organizing the event.
- About 2 - 3 weeks before the shower decide on your menu. We have a great selection of appetizers, dips, desserts and punch recipes to assist you. Check out our You are Invited to A Baby Shower link on the left of our site.
- Choose your center piece. We have wonderful diaper cakes that are fun and practical gifts for mom. See our diaper cake selections on the left. Don't see what you want? We custom design so contact us and we will create your perfect center piece.
- Greet your guests when they arrive.
- Introduce the Mother to Be and thank guests for coming.
- Have each guest introduce themselves and state how they're related or connected to the Mother to Be. This is a nice Ice Breaker and a fun way to make everyone comfortable.
- Play the games that you have selected.
- Serve your meal or appetizers and allow guests to mingle for awhile.
- Have the Mother to Be open her gifts. You may also serve your cake during this time.
- Have guests mingle, look at the gifts and take pictures with the Mother to Be.
- Thank guests for coming and give out baby shower favors.
Visit us at http://www.gigglesnsugarkisses.com/ for more information and gift ideas.