Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 5 June 2008







I visited the blog at The Little Window Shop, http://littlewindowshoppe.com/, and they were doing a post on nurseries and in search of great ideas from other moms. I decided to send in pictures of my grandson's nursery. My daughter's mother-in law and I offered to decorate the nursery with the theme of my daughter and son-in-law's choosing. This was our first grandchild, and we were as excited as the expecting parents. I sent my daughter a link, http://www.babysupermall.com/, that had approximately 200 nursery ideas, and they fell in love with frogs and turtles.

We decided to shop with a frog and turtle theme in mind. We headed to Baby Depot. We choose the crib, changing table, and dresser first, and decided to go with a crib that could be changed to a toddler bed. My daughter initally choose a light wood, but changed to a darker stain instead. She choose the Leap Frog comforter and accessories by Kidsline, which included wall hangings, a lamp, diaper bag, bumper pad, rug, and the mobile. Did I mention the frog nightlight! Adorable little frogs are everywhere.

After choosing the main furniture and accesories, we headed toward the rockers. The mom to be decided against the traditional rocker. She wanted to nurse, and she had her mind set on a chair where she could truly relax with the baby. She sat and rocked in every chair in the store and fall in love with the glader and foot stool shown. They choose the wall color last. They wanted a color that would soothe and calm the future prince, so they decided to paint the walls blue. They choose the shade from the comforter and accessories. The diaper cake shown on the dresser was made by the loving hands of Xavier's Gran. My daughter cherished it so much, she has refused to take it apart.

My son-in-law meticulously painted the walls and lined them with the adorable border. The nursery is absolutely beautiful. I love rocking and reading to my grandson among the frogs and turtles when I visit. We hope that it inspires you too. Wish us luck in becoming a featured project on The Little Window Shop blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment