Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, 21 December 2008

Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni started Quotable Sunday. I enjoyed reading her quotes on Twitter, so I decided to participate in her Quotable Sunday by listing a few of my favorite leadership quotes.

I start each day by reading a leadership quote from my Franklin Planner and a proverb from my Women's Bible. Here are a few of my favorite leadership quotes. They will give you a glimpse of who I am and what I believe.

I hope you enjoy them, but most importantly I hope you will strengthen your leadership ability when you read and think about them:


Anne Richards:
I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you.

* I find this to be true not only in politics, but in life. You know where your enemies are coming from, it's your friends that you need to choose wisely. One thing that I have learned is they will stick a knife in you faster than your enemy.

Helen Keller:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart.


*I have this quote on my bathroom wall along with the Ten Commandments and the Serenity Prayer. When I am public speaking, I start my speeches with this quote. Although I have the ability to see (sometimes) when my heart is touched, it makes thing a little clearer.

Mohandas K. Gandhi
I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.


*This is a lesson that I have learned since I became a manager 6 years ago. All the authority and power in the world doesn't matter if you have no interpersonal skills.


I hope that you have enjoyed my quotes for the day. Please leave a comment on which is your favorite and why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment