Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, 14 December 2008


What holiday decorations do you use each year? We decorate the house with nutcrackers each year. I love bringing these little guys out. I have them in a variety of sizes from extra large to miniatures. If there's an empty space, I'll place a nutcracker in it. I loved watching my daughter look at them when she was younger. My grandson is now fascinated by them.
The history of the nutcracker goes back 300 years, but they have only been popular in the United States for the past 50 years. According to German folklore, nutcrackers were given as keepsakes. They were a symbol of good luck and protection for your home. They were also a part of the social setting, they acted as a conversation piece. My guests find them to be a great conversation piece to this day, and they look forward to seeing what I've added each year.
The nutcracker is also the basis for Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite. The Nutcracker Suite is now a traditional ballet during the holiday season. My daughter danced ballet for 12 years, so watching the Nutcracker during the holidays has become a tradition as well.
Leave us a comment telling us what decorations you use each year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment