Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 4 June 2009

Summer is around the corner, which means sandal season. There's nothing worst than seeing women who wear sandals and their feet are screaming for attention. As mothers, we spend our time and energy on everyone and everything else and we neglect ourselves.

I'm learning to take me time, and I have to admit I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have a pedicure monthly now, but try to keep my feet soft and my polish fresh in between. I came across this chocolate foot scrub, and decided to try it. It smells delicious, removes dead skin and leaves your feet baby soft. I'm using it once a week.

Here it is:


  • 3/4 cup peppermint essential oil (I purchased mine on e-bay)
  • 5 tablespoons of grated chocolate, your choice
  • 1 cup sugar (I used white)

Mix all ingredients until it is thickened. You can add extra oil if it gets too thick. Store left overs in a jar. I used old an old Mason jar that I had saved to store mine. I tied a pretty bow on it and it's sitting on my bath tub.

Soak your feet in a nice tub of foot soak for 15 minutes. Leave the water on your feet and massage the scrub onto your feet in a circular motion. Rinse. Before you completely dry your feet, use a little cuticle oil and a orange stick to push back your cuticles. Rinse again and than dry those tootsies. Finish your pedi with a good foot lotion. I normally use Bare Foot lotion, purchased from CVS, but I upgraded and I finished with a whipped chocolate lotion this time. The smell is devine, and it felt so good. Be sure to trim your nails properly and add a coat or two of polish or a clear color.

I would suggest that you use a base coat before you apply color and a top coat to finish. Use the top coat every 3 - 4 days to keep color fresh.

Enjoy. This scrub can be used on elbows too. Leave a comment with your foot care tips. We want to try yours too.









0 comments:

Post a Comment