- If the child is young and the teeth or tooth is loose, remove the tooth or teeth to prevent the child from chocking.
- If a permanent tooth as been knocked out, it can often be saved if you take the following steps immediately:
- Find the tooth
- Handle the tooth by the part you normally see, not the root
- Gently rinse the tooth under water in a closed sink
- Do not scrub the tooth
- If possible, place the tooth in the opening it fall out of
- Hold the tooth in place while you're in route to the hospital or doctor
- If the tooth can't be placed back into the opening, place it under your tongue or in milk
If you take the above steps, the chances of saving your child's tooth or teeth will be great.