Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 18 December 2009


My 2009 Christmas Tree



For those who read my post, One Less Holiday Tradition regarding my struggle to give up my real tree here's the result. Yes, it's a real Douglas Fir. I searched high and low for an artificial tree, but the trees that I liked were in the $300 - $400 range. That was close to my Christmas budget, so the real tree won out. I'm hoping to find a bargain on an artificial after Christmas. It looks like I'm going to be one of those early morning after Christmas shoppers this year. Yep, I'll be out there throwing elbows and fighting for a parking space so I can get an artificial tree dirt cheap for next year's festivities. I take a poll and 56% of our participants have a real tree and 44% have an artifical tree. A study has shown that real trees are better for our environment. They can be turned into mulch once the holiday season is over. I may use this argument after Christmas, lol.

Anyway, I love this lopsided tree. That's one of the things that makes a real tree special. The back is a mess. I lost track of the number of holes in it, but it smells wonderful and the ornaments look great on it. The arguments were minimal with this tree too. Read my One Less Holiday Tradition post to see what usually occurs in my search for a real Christmas tree. I decided to use over sized ornaments this year, and I love the look. My 2 year old grandson is fascinated by them and the lights are "Cool". Normally I have the lights flash, but I've become a much calmer person so I need steady in my life now.



My Oversized Ornaments - Love them

I'm missing a few ornaments that I usually put on my tree, white doves and crystal icicles. I have no idea what I did with them. I really need to clean out my attic. I have enough decorations to decorate 5 houses. I don't want to be featured on Hoarders so I'm going to get rid of some. My daughter is into decorating now, so I'll pass a few things to her.

I love the holidays and I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and A Blessed New Year. Please leave your link and I'll be sure to visit you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment