Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, 20 February 2010

It's that time of year! Those adorable little girls selling those delicious boxes of cookies will be knocking on doors and sitting in front of the local Kmart and Wal-Mart selling their wares. Now I do believe it is my patriotic duty to support them by buying boxes and I do mean boxes of Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties. I love curling up with my favorite and second favorite box of girl scout cookies. Those delicious treats are murder on my hips and the tummy, but they're worth me hitting the treadmill for an extra 30 minutes.

I used to be a Girl Scout and a Brownie. Some of my fondest memories as a child was when I was in the Brownies and Girl Scouts. I roasted my first hot dog and marshmellow during that time. I believe being a Girl Scout also brought out my love for crafts. I knocked on doors in my green dress and beanie trying to sell cookies so I could meet my quota. My parents ensured my sister and I reached our goals by purchasing cookies for our family and friends. My father had a sweet tooth, so there had to be enough cookies around so he could devour a few boxes after we went to bed too, lol.

It's hard to believe girl scout cookies have been around for over 80 years and has a membership of over 3 million. The first group was formed in Savannah, GA in 1912. The design of the box has changed over the years, but the flavor has remained unchanged. They're one of those American traditions that I just can't get enough of.

Are you a fan of Girl Scout Cookies? Let us know your favorite cookie by leaving a comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment