Have you heard the latest Roarrrrrr? Friends of the Jungle Have Gathered To Say; Please Join Us To Celebrate A Special Birthday! Here are a few ideas for a successful and fun filled toddler Jungle Themed party:
• Your invitations set the tone. Look for an invitation with a jungle theme. You can find great deals on-line for custom invitations or make them yourself. Here's the party invitation I had created for my grandson by Little Lady Bug Designs. We loved them.
• Use Jungle Themed table cloths, plates, and cups. Depending on the number of table cloths needed, you can use a solid color to compliment the themed table covering. You can find these at any Party Store or the Dollar Store.
• Decide on a menu. We came up with creative names for the food and drinks, the kids loved it. For example, we had Bug Punch. Purchase spiders and bugs from the Dollar Store. Place them in ice trays, cover then with punch and freeze them. Place them in the punch along with Pop Rocks. Mac and Cheese was Quick Sand, hamburgers were Jungle Burgers, and hot dogs were Slim Dogs, Spaghetti Salad was Snake Salad etc.
• We used jungle animals that we found at the local Good Will Store for table center pieces. After the party, we gave them away to the children and guests.
• Oriental Trading has a great selection of games and party favors at a great price. We also gave each child a box of Animal Crackers and a Party Bag.
• A Jungle Themed cake is a must. We used Jungle Themed cupcakes. I had the bakery make the icing to look like grass, and then we placed Jungle Themed picks in the center. The children loved them.
• Download Jungle Sounds and play them at the entrance of the party.
• Don’t forget the Jungle Themed balloons. You can use solid color balloons to compliment the Jungle Themed balloons.
• Be sure to have a few games for adults. We played Jungle Bingo and we had the adults match the Jungle Animal and the names of their babies. For example, Elephant and calf. You can find blank bingo cards on-line and enter Jungle Animals on the card. Print on cardstock. We used pennies as markers for the cards.
We hope these ideas will be benefical for your Jungle Themed party. If you have additional ideas or you've had a themed party leave us a comment.