Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Christmas Eve is a few days away, and it's a day that I spend watching my favorite Christmas movies.  I may add a movie or 2 to the list, but for the most part it's the same movies year after year.  They have become a holiday tradition.  The first movie on the list is a must.  You guessed it, A Christmas Story with Ralphie.  The adorable little boy who wanted the Red Ryder BB Gun from Santa.  I watch this movie all day and laugh my ass off.  The Egg Nog and Bacardi contributes to the laughter, but the movie is a great holiday treat in itself.  I probably have every word memorized.  I've watched this movie during the holidays for the past 32 years.  My daughter will call me and say "Mom, Ralphie is on".  Do you ever wonder how they choose the people to play the roles in movies?  They couldn't have found better people to play the Parkers in A Christmas Story. 

My second favorite movie is National Lampoon's Christmas with Chevy Chase.  What an idiot!  Another wholesome and funny family movie.  Next on the list is  Deck the Halls with Danny Devito.  Great music and light shows in this movie.  Followed by Christmas With The Kranks and Home Alone.  Love Macaulay  Culkin, but I have to give Joe Pesci and his side kick their props too.        

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  I regress back to my childhood.  I love the Christmas tree and the lights and spending time with family and friends.  I'm slowly getting away from spending tons of money on gifts, and trying my hand at making various gifts.  Last year I crocheted scarves for all the women in the family.  They actually went over well.  This year I made door wreaths for my sister and sister-in-laws and cookies for my brothers.  The kids love gift cards.  

Do you have a Christmas tradition?  Leave us a comment and let know what you enjoy doing with your family.  Mother 2 Mother wishes each of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.         

0 comments:

Post a Comment