Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, 31 December 2011










We took the grandchildren to see the Virginia Beach Parade of Lights again this year. I've decided to make it annual trip for us, it's such a wonderful sight to see. I must say, the displays last year were more organized, but it was worth the trip. It's a great family outing if you're in the area and want to entertain the children for an hour or two.
You can order hot chocolate, popcorn and hot dogs for your trip down the boardwalk or bring your own goodies to munch on while you watch the show.   You can drive at your own pace and hop out for a picture or two. The parade is sponsored by McDonald's and it's the only time of year that cars are allowed on the boardwalk. Approximately 30,000 cars make the trip each year. There are displays to be enjoyed by everybody. You can find fish jumping out of the ocean, dinosaurs, Santa, and the list goes on. I look forward to seeing this great display, but most importantly I look forward to seeing my grandson in awe of these wonderful displays.  Can't wait until my granddaughter is old enough to make the trip, she enjoyed the lights on the Christmas tree, I'm sure she will enjoy the displays as well.

Check out more of my photos on Flickr.  Be sure to connect with me on one of the Social Media sites listed in the upper right corner and subscribe to Mother 2 Mother on the left so you don't miss other great posts. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment