Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, 4 February 2012

It was hard to decide what to write about, but as I sat snacking on a bag of Trader Joe's Roasted Plantain Chips, an idea dawned on me. I will tell you my favorite items from Trader Joe's because the selection is unique, pretty darn healthy, can surprise you and has competitive prices.

We started going to Trader Joe's as a cheaper alternative to Whole Foods. There are some great items there but the prices made my jaw literally drop.  We needed whole grain, healthy options for ourselves and for our milk and egg (and lots of other things) allergic baby.  We found organic soy milk, both fortified and "just plain" soy, organic Tofu, quinoa, an ancient grain with complete protein, and tons of nutrition and cheap Organic baby spinach.  We also found a huge snack variety and alcoholic beverages section!

My favorites in no particular order:
Roasted Plantain Chips (love, love these and a snack my mom made (fried) for us in Guyana)
Red Pepper Spread with Garlic and Eggplant (great for dipping the aforementioned chips, or over pasta, etc.)
Joe Joes chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate filling (like Oreos but no fake ingredients)
Charles Shaw wines for $3, yes $3, everyday!
Frozen Orange Chicken (just bake, toss with sauce, serve)
Pesto Pizza (frozen, made with organic veggies)

I could probably go on, but those are definitely my top picks when I shop there. Do you shop at Trader Joe's? OR, do you have any favorite fun food finds I should check out?

0 comments:

Post a Comment