Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 30 May 2012


When I read the Willow Store's recent newsletter introducing Sprout Cream, I was intrigued. I knew the  Willow Store offers a lot of green mom and baby products: diapers, mama cloth, even toys, but a cloth diaper safe rash cream, I had to check it out. Being a highly selective and natural mama, I am always on the lookout for effective products that will not harm my family. The cream only has four ingredients. It helps heal more then just diaper rash, it is an all around salve.  I was going to try it somewhere else!


My first impression was that it came in a non-toxic, reusable or recyclable metal container. This also meant it would store better away from light and other environmental elements that could damage the ingredients.  Then I realized it had no smell, another plus. I am not one for superfluous scents.  If an ingredient has a smell, all well and good, but no extra fragrances for me, please.



The cream has a unique texture and look. I wouldn't actually describe it as creamy, more like a translucent gel with texture. It actually pulled off my finger like spun sugar. It softens when you apply your finger then can be rubbed onto the skin very well. It only took a little to cover the areas I was applying on, namely his 'underknees' which had a little heat rash from not wearing pants to sleep. You see, he still sleeps in the downward-dog like pose that many babies and toddlers adopt. This means his knees are bent and thus his underknees are closed up all night with no air. With pants there isn't too much of a problem since the fabric protects the skin, but once it's hotter weather we lose the pants. That causes him a lot of redness and rash if it's not attended to early.



It looked better almost immediately and even better the next morning. These are my attempts at a Before and After illustration. I guess the red blanket background wasn't the best idea.

Intrigued...you can get your own Sprout Cream from the Willow Store now! Or maybe something else will catch your eye...

Catherine of the Willow Store was more than happy to not only let me sample Sprout Cream, but to also offer one as a prize in the Fluffy Butts event starting on June 4th.  Come back to win your own tub.

Disclosure: I was provided a free product for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences, however, yours may be different. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment