Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, 2 June 2012

FluffaRumps is run by a lovely lady named Amelia. Hers is a store of handmade, made to order items for you and your little one.  There are wool covers, fitted diapers, mama cloth and clothes as well.  You have lots and lots of choices even on just the diapers: you can choose closure and stitching and fabric!  I was totally surprised by this amount of choice...this was my first custom diaper experience. 


I ended up choosing a fitted diaper in a neutral print (she had to substitute the fabric I chose due to an unforeseen issue). But no worries, I loved the new fabric too. I decided on aplix so that I could get a good, tight fit, no snap on the insert so that I could use it however I needed, and turned and top stitched since I had no experience with serged diapers. I also chose a size Large without looking at the size chart...

Everything about the diaper is thick and soft and sturdy and durable, great qualities in a fitted diaper.  The fitted comes with an insert this flannel covered in the same minky as the diaper inner. It is a good weight and quite long. I still doubled it since I was using it overnight.  I don't want any sad, wet, late-night issues.  



The velcro sat tight and secure but didn't come across the waist as much as I wanted or thought it would. That is totally my fault since I should have chosen the size XL instead of the L. I thought I was getting the biggest size she offered; I was wrong. The diaper fit well on the waist anyway but it did sag a little on the legs with the doubled insert.  



The only thing I would change is to make the gusset a little wider to accommodate the insert, which is amazingly wide.  It didn't affect performance that the gusset didn't quite span the insert width, it was just for esthetics I am complaining :) As long as you use a well fitting cover, this diaper will work great.


Thanks to Amelia, one of you fluffy fans will win a choice of diaper from her shop in the Fluffy Butts prize.  Come back June 4th to enter!  Feel free to connect with her on Facebook to ask any questions and see all the new listings. 


Disclosure: I was provided a free product for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences, however, yours may be different. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment