Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 20 July 2012



Did you notice the trademarked phrase: The best coffee in the world only comes in one shape!  I would never have conceived of such an idea before being introduced to the Chemex coffeemaker.  With this simple, elegant one-piece coffeemaker, you will get the purest, best tasting coffee no matter what brand or type of coffee you use. Who would have thought? Actually, it was a chemist by the name of Peter Schlumbohm in 1941. Nothing about this unassuming coffee maker has changed since. It is still brewing amazing cups of coffee today!
This was going to be a fun experiment to brew my first cup of coffee in glass.  I read the instructions which came in a little booklet as well as on the box.  It seemed simple enough for everyone willing to give it a go.  First, boil water!
 Open the filter and place the duplicate layers towards the pouring spout.
Pour just enough water to get the grinds 'blooming' before giving them a healthy soak.
Watch in awe as the magic brewing process happens.
 Pouring spout in action.
Ahh, coffee perfection. Cover and store if you don't drink it all at once :)

The coffee experiment worked! I was giddy with excitement to taste the first cup.  It was different than any coffee I had tasted before, even though I had tasted this coffee! I sipped some more.  I found by the third sip that I was actually inhaling the coffee. Very new and different experience.  Just coffee. No more plastic coffee maker for me.  Chemex makes coffee taste real to me. And I will try my loose tea with it too. Can't wait for my second experiment :)

Do you think this is the coolest coffee maker around, too? I hope so because, thanks to Chemex, I have a generous prize of a 6-cup coffeemaker, a glass top to help keep it fresh, and a box of cone filters for my Christmas in July giveaway!

Disclosure: I was provided free products for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences. However, yours may be different. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment