Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 7 September 2012

Ruthie is the owner of Aunt Flow Cloth Pads on etsy.  She has some beautiful and colorful creations just for us who want to have a pretty and comfortable period.  I was fortunate to try out the starter set.  Here is how it arrived.  I find that the artists and craftsmen on etsy are more eco-conscious than most, going so far as to re-using food boxes for packaging!
The mama cloth starter set consists of 4 different sizes: liner, maxi, super and overnight pads.  I had never gone beyond the maxi myself so this was a totally new experience with the super and overnight sizes.  I did a pre-wash and hang dry. The larger overnight and super pads did take a little while longer to dry than the smaller ones.
The dimensions of the set are: 13 inch overnight, 10 inch super, 8 inch maxi and 6 inch liner.  The next pad I used was the maxi.  It sat securely in my underwear without shifting or moving.  It is also deceptively thin, like all the pads in the set.
I used the over night first and was pleasantly surprised. Can I be totally honest and say I actually smiled after I put on the very long over-night pad? At first I was totally thrown off by its size. I was also a little off put by it when I had it in my underwear, because it wrapped all the way from high in front high in back.  But it was thin and comfortable.  I quickly grew to enjoy the experience and the thought of a secure and dry night's sleep.  That is why I just had to smile. 
And to make sure you get the most effective use and care out of the pads, Ruthie includes detailed laundering instructions.  How thoughtful and handy!

There are lots and lots of options at Aunt Flow, from post-partum heavy pads to mini pads. Look around and see what catches your eye! Huge thanks to Ruthie for generously sponsoring a gift card to her store for my Made in America prize package.

Disclosure: I was provided a free product for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences. However, yours may be different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment