Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, 22 September 2012

[UPDATE: Green Kid Crafts won the Green America Award! If you want a chance to win a 6 month subscription, please vote for my photo! Bonus, every vote is a donation to Healthy Child Healthy World.]

I'll be honest, when I first heard of Green Kid Crafts, I figured they were just like any other monthly box service. I was wrong - they are much, much better! First of all, they use natural materials and themes in their crafts to enforce green ideas. Second, they are a carbon neutral business who contributes to environmental causes, keeping the planet green. And third, they were nominated for a Green America business award.

The box we got to try out was a Feathered Friends theme.  There were three different crafts for us to explore while thinking and learning about birds and the outdoors.

The crafts come packaged in separate bags so that you don't get the components mixed up.  There are explanation of the craft's idea as well as needed materials from home (scissors, glue, etc.).

The one we had the most fun with was the birdhouse because it involved building and painting.  The instructions were clear and easy to follow. I was pretty much the 'head' crafter since Tubby is pre-school and needs much direction. It was fun for me too :) I thought the building part was very reminiscent of an IKEA project, almost, but we did need glue to keep it together.
 Bonus for us, the weather was good so we got to craft outside!
As we waited for the glue to dry on the birdhouse, I realized I forgot to put the string in the roof for hanging. I had to figure out something quick. By happenstance I found a Christmas ornament hook and bent it into a crude needle. It worked to pull the string through both holes. Success!
Green Kids Crafts is currently having a photo contest between blogs. The winner gets to give away a 6 month subscription to a reader! Go vote for my picture (please :) so that I will get to make the half-year of a lucky parent and child.  You can vote here. Plus, Green Kids Crafts will donate 50 cents for every vote to Healthy Child Healthy World (another great site dedicated to keeping children healthy and parents informed)!

Disclosure: I was provided a free product for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences. However, yours may be different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment