Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 13 September 2012



Have you ever thought about how many coffee filters you have used since you started drinking the beverage? It is surely a lot of garbage. Unless you compost or use the grinds to help replenish your indoor or outdoor garden, that is a lot of waste indeed.  Have you ever thought there could be a better way to brew your coffee and save the planet? I will be honest, I never did until very recently.  I came across the Natural Linens shop and found many reusable items I had never thought of before, like cloth coffee filters and tea bags! I was a cloth fanatic (diapers, pads, wipes) but I had never been introduced to the idea of a reusable filter until I saw these.

The cloth filter set is three organic cotton filters to fit your coffee maker, whether standard or cone shaped.  I got the cone shape for review.  The filters were washed once and air dried.  They got a little wrinkled but no shrinkage that way. These reusable filters are basically the same size and shape as you would expect for the disposable filter so no worries there :)
I asked Carmen if I needed to prep any special way and she said sometimes she wets the filter first, before putting it in.  I decided to wing it and go ‘dry’ filter.  

I spooned in the grounds as usual and brewed. 



Coffee success!

Afterwards I just emptied the grounds into our compost bin and let the filter air dry.  Depending on how finicky you are, you can use the same filter a few times if you drink often, or wash it before next use if you drink infrequently.  Luckily, there are three filters in the set so you can try out using them all once or reuse the first one and see how it affects your tastes. I don’t think you can go wrong either way!

Anything else strike your fancy from Natural Linens? Leave a comment and let everyone know.  How would you like to get a set of these for your own use? Natural Linens is offering one eco-conscious reader a set of coffee filters. Thank you Carmen!
Open to US residents only.  Enter on the Rafflecopter form below.  Good Luck.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was provided a free product for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences. However, yours may be different. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment