I found this recipe on the Green Giant site. I thought it was a great idea for a baby shower or small gathering. This recipe serves 20:
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen cut broccoli
- 1 cup Green Giant® frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 80 pretzel spindles from a 13.5-oz bag (about 4 oz or 2 1/4 cups)
- 40 broccoli florets (about 6 oz or 4 cups)
- Cook and drain broccoli and peas as directed on packages; cool.
- In food processor, place broccoli and peas. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise, dill, salt, garlic powder and pepper; process until smooth.
- Spread on platter. Surround with pretzels to look like twigs. Place broccoli in center or around edges to look like trees and bushes.