Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 30 November 2012

I don't believe there is another brand with a first and last name like Charlie Banana, do you? It's certainly different from the names inspired by cloth diaper nicknames. And it is a fitting name, a little stately cut also cute, just like their prints.
I know I was caught up in the buzz created by the collaboration with Matthew Langille called the Fashion Collection. Those designs were too much, right? It's a good thing I didn't have to choose a print I liked best. I was surprised with one, Blackbeary One-Size. I did request some bio-liners to try though, since we have been having some rash issues.

This diaper is very trim.It includes 2 microfiber inserts of slightly different sizes, the smaller one intended for smaller babies and diaper settings. The diaper has a front envelope-style opening which is great for those of us who need to double stuff the front. It also has the narrowest gusset I have ever seen on a diaper.


The one size diaper has an adjustable elastic on each side that is very reminiscent of a bra strap, so moms out there should have no trouble adjusting it!

It came preset (or loosely set) on the Large setting for the legs. I didn't adjust at all and just tried it. With the two inserts used it fit pretty well. I did notice that even on this setting, you can still adjust it over an inch more. So there is definitely room for some growth.

This diaper is super trim. It fits almost like underwear, since the tabs did not stretch too much or fold over when snapped snugly.  I think it is a little low on the rise though, which seems to be the case with a lot of diapers on Tubby, who has a long torso to begin with.

I also got to try the biodegradable liners since we are battling some rash issues. I thought if I could keep the poo off the diaper, it would be faster and easier to get them clean so as not to infect all the other diapers in the wash. The liners definitely accomplished that. The only instructions said to not fold it, so here is how it looks laid out.
I was a little skeptical but I tried it as directed. Once the diaper was closed, I just pushed the excess inside around the legs. No problem. In the morning, I just peel it off (since we have a front sleeper who never moves) and throw it out. If there is poo, we flush it of course.

Thanks to Charlie Banana for sponsoring a prize in the Fluff Stash giveaway!! And be sure to check out their facebook page for news and giveaways.  There is always something fun going on there.

Disclosure: I was provided a free products for review. The opinions in this review are my own true experiences, however, yours may be different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment