Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 16 November 2012





Welcome to Part II of Kids Funny Face Breakfast.  We have another adorable creature to put on your children's breakfast plate.  This is Muffin Monkey.  He is made with a toasted English Muffin, raisins or blueberries, almonds, bananas, and cream cheese or peanut butter/butter.  I love the idea of creating fun foods for kids.  Fun foods are more appetizing to children, and they are more apt to goggle them down versus the same old boring foods.  Better yet, let them make this adorable guy.  

I like to create fun foods for the kids on the week-ends when I'm not rushed or a snow day when the kids are out of school.  I think it's important to get the kids involved as much as possible, and a fun, relaxed atmosphere is a must. 

I will be using raisins instead of blueberries, cheaper and always on hand in my household and peanut butter or butter instead of cream cheese.  My 5 year old has not acquired a taste for cream cheese.  I think grape jelly would also work for this creation.  

Be sure to follow Mother 2 Mother Blog on the left, so you don't miss our Fun Foods for Kids series, celebrity finds, give aways and parenting tips.  You can also follow me on Twitter, @sugarkisses

This recipe is from the book Funny Food: 365 Fun, Healthy, Silly, Creative Breakfasts by Bill & Claire Wurtzel and can be purchased from Amazon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment