Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 21 November 2012

The holiday season is approaching. It's the time of year when families gather and thanks are given. Homes will be filled with children, laughter, conversations of days gone by and the Sports channel will be envied by every other station on TV. An abundance of food and drink will be consumed, which will be followed by a much needed nap. After nap 1, slices of pumpkin or sweet potato pie filled with scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream will push the turkey and stuffing down and another nap will follow. Lastly, arguments over who ate the last homemade roll or who drank the last of the sweet tea will surface, and that argument will be followed by an argument over who will be cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the leftovers. I love the holiday season.

It's a tradition in my family for everyone to give thanks to someone or something during the blessing of our meal each Thanksgiving. What will you be thankful for?Here's the top 10 things that I'm thankful for in no particular order:

  1. Thank you God for allowing me to live another year
  2. Thanks to my significant other for loving me unconditionally. I know some days it's difficult
  3. Thanks to my daugher, grandson and granddaughter for making me the proudest mother and grandmother in the world
  4. Thank you God for giving me the insight that I need to continue being a great mother and grandmother
  5. Thanks to my employer for a regular paycheck
  6. Thanks to my family for always being here when I need them
  7. Thanks for the ability to keep a roof over my head, heat in my home, and food in the frig
  8. Thanks to God for the fresh air that I take in everyday and the beauty that surrounds me
  9. Thanks to all my friends who put up with me even when I act a fool and get on their last nerve
  10. Thanks to my mother and father for giving me life, butt whippings, education and sending me out into the world so I can stand on my own two feet.

I would like to thank each of my readers for the follow and I wish each of you a very Happy, Blessed and Safe Thanksgiving. Leave us a comment on 1 thing that you will be giving thanks for this holiday. We would love to know what's in your heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment